Discipleship : How To Study The Holy Bible
When you learn in the book of John Chapter 1 (in the Holy Bible) that Jesus is the Word, you will have a new love for the Bible and you will be able to start calling the Bible, the Word of God. The Bible then becomes Jesus speaking to you and so you then have a passion to study it every day. Yes study, not just read it every day. Study means, writing down some notes, looking up cross references and listening to Holy Spirit guide you into all truth. John 14:26 says Holy Spirit will teach you all things and bring all things from God to your remembrance. The book of Timothy says Holy Spirit inspired all the scriptures so God will never speak to you to do anything that is contrary to the Holy Bible. So now that you are ready to have a passionate love for the Word of God, here are some tips when you are studying the Bible:
1) Grow in your hunger for the Word of God as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby (1 Peter 2:2 New King James Version (NKJV))
2) Ask Holy Spirit for truth every time you study the Holy Bible
3) Slow down when you read. Stop racing to get a check mark that you have done your reading. Carve out a special part of every day when you are most alert to study and memorize key scriptures. When reading a sentence, read it twice and then think about what it says to your life if there are changes needed in your life based on that scripture.
4) See yourself in the scenes in the Bible when Jesus is talking to the disciples and then see Jesus looking at you as you read His words that He spoke. Stop when reading about miracles, see the lame or maimed before Jesus heals then and then see Jesus coming to heal them and their interaction with Jesus. If the lame and maimed were healed, see stubs of arms or legs grow out! See the man stretch out his hand and see it restored. This helps you believe what you are reading instead of being in doubt and unbelief.
5) Write your name beside every promise in the Holy Bible. God has no favorites. What He has done for one, He will do for you. If you do a study on healing you will find out healing belongs to you because of what Jesus has done for you. So receive your miracle now from Jesus and do not let the devil steal from you. Share your new revelations of the Bible scriptures with others and learn from mature Christians how to be balanced in the Word of God as scripture interprets scriptures. Don’t live 100 % of you time in 1 book of the Bible. Live a balanced life of Worshiping God first, loving and serving others second and then obeying the call of God on your life with Holy Spirit’s help.
6) See Holy Spirit on Jesus as Jesus did the miracles. See Holy Spirit’s power given to the church (Acts 1:8) which means you. Get baptized in Holy Spirit and then start acting on the Word of God believing that God’s Holy Spirit, that was given on the day of Pentecost, is also on you. See God wants to use you to pray for others. Every time you pray or teach always give them chapter and verse so they can study it in the Bible for themselves to keep their miracle from Jesus. Learn the authority of the believer. Learn how to fight temptations from the devil by simply quoting the Word of God (such as James 4:7) and rebuking the devil in Jesus’ powerful name. When you stand your ground believing the Holy Scriptures over the devil’s lies, then the devil has to flee.
7) The Holy Bible is your foundation. Never receive revelations that are contrary to the Holy Bible or teach things that are outside the Bible as that is how cults are started. People are to follow Jesus and the Bible not you. Teach all the same principles above. As you daily study the Bible your faith will grow as Romans 10:17 says faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. You will start to believe Jesus can do the impossible in your life as your faith grows and as you give 100 % of the glory to God!